Coffee Filter Snowflake Art



Remember this little guy from my favorite things post last week?


The girls and I have been having fun with coffee filters all week. 
I bought a package at the grocery store specifically for craft-usage.


We don't use this kind in our coffee maker-
we having boring brown #4 cone shaped filters
that aren't really good for much when it comes to crafting. 


(They are, however, great for composting in our kitchen vermicomposter!)




"E" decided to make a color wheel with hers.
She said the window in my art studio, over my sewing machine,
is/was boring and needed some color. 


She cut out the center of the filter,
then, carefully drew black lines with a marker
to divide each section. Then, she carefully painted
this little spectrum/color wheel. 


I love it and it looks great with the sunlight streaming through it. 
AND...
I love that she came up with the project completely on her own!




We also cut out snow flakes,
laid them on newspapers,
and carefully painted them with watercolor. 


I like cutting them out first, 
because the watercolor paint flattens them out
and stiffens them up a bit.  


They display really beautifully 
on windows, mirrors, and bulletin boards
when they're dry. 




My new view from my sewing machine --
Thanks "E"!


Fondly,
pink and green mama,








Katie's Nesting Spot






No comments:

Post a Comment